Introduction to Ayurveda
Ayurveda is constructive way of treatment that aims at removing the root cause of illness through rational use of herbs available in mother nature. Ayurveda is unique a system of healing, and a way of life, a real revolution in the art and science of living. Ayurveda deals with positive health and describes the life style concern to its existence, maintenance, protection from diseases, and cures. It as well teaches the way to expand the life span. the inclination towards the practice of panchakarma is very much essential to achieve the health goal. in day to day practice the new diseases are evolving with intense gravity and therefore to combat those, panchakarma is an effective measure.
The fundamental principles of Ayurveda are based on dosha-dhathu-mala vijnana i.e., the traid of the body constituent responsible for the sustenance of the living body in their normal condition and ill-health when they are in their abnormal state. Ayurveda has touched our lives thus deeply that it is become practically impossible to ignore its existence, let alone its important.
Ayurveda is so improved , so effective that not only patients, sometime the allopathy system is looking at it for some answers where their treatment have failed to explain it. Rheumatism, allergy, arthritis, obesity, some respiratory issues etc. are some of chronic diseases.in treatment of rheumatism pain killers are given repeatedly to give short term palliation from pain. This sort of diseases cannot be cured by pain killers , though palliation is feasible for some time. This type of pain can be partially palliated but with adverse effect on the general health. In Ayurveda both acute and chronic diseases can be cured, though the regimen used is not simply acceptable to the population.
We need to look for a system which can have the following benefits if we have got to dream of low-priced heath care system.
Common sense knowledge base
Simple technology (for medicinal preparation)
Preventive and curative
Should have rational concept of cure.
The five specific procedures of Ayurveda are collectively known as panchakarma. They are
Panchakarma, the unique and wonderful treatment modality of Ayurveda, is basically designed to purify the body and soul of the human being by detoxification of all the systems. Human body is a highly delicate machine which has got tendency to become out of order. Panchakarma is useful and its potency is categorize in different dimension to cure different kind of complicated diseases.
Panchakarma, which is popularly known as detoxification procedure, is playing an important role for the last five thousand years. On the other hand, the life style disorders as experienced by the people in this changed scenario of the modern world can be nipped In the bud only by adopting the panchakarma. This procedure for detoxification of human body is the best method for negating the detrimental effect of the changed environment of the modern world .
Virechana probably is the most practiced therapy among shodhana therapies described in Ayurveda. In the disorders originated from vitiated pitta or kapha associated with pitta, virechana is beneficial. There are many references where it is adviced to treat other conditions also.
• it removes the toxins and unnecessary mucus from the stomach and thus improves digestion. Relieves many abdominal disorders.
• helps manage Paralysis of the legs or lower body, typically caused by spinal injury or diseases , arthritis pain, etc.
• Clears excessive fat accumulation from the liver and therefore improves metabolism and fat digestion.
.helps to reduce uric acid level in the blood flow.
• Achieve a better circulatory system
• Management of weight
• Nourish the skin
• Strengthen the muscles
• Improve digestive system
• Achieve improved immunity and thus resistant to many disease
• Activate the lymphatic system
b) Basti (enema therapy)
Basti is a therapeutic procedure in which the drugs administered into the anal canal by using basthi yanthra . Basti can be given all age groups without any hesitation. To alleviate vata, vasti is the most excellent treatment.
According to type of drug basti is of two types
• By Expelling out the vitiated doshas offers firmness of the body and cures most of the disease
• Prolongs lifespan by preventing disease, arresting the aging process
• Basthi though stays inside the body for few moments, its virya ( potency) spreads all over the body through micro channels like water transportation in a tree.
• Nourishes body
• Enhances complexion, strength and harmony of the constitution
inhalation of the drug through nostrils is known as nasya . nose is the door way of the head. So, systematically performed nasya karma cures almost all the disease of the head as easily, as a vein if grass is removed from the blade.
• Heaviness in the head
• manasika roga ( mental disorders)
• neck stiffness
• ear ache
• head related diseases
• greying of hair
• hair falling
• breathing problems
• smoking ill effect etc
• Feeling of comfort in chest and head region
• improves vision, hearing, smell, taste
• one can sleep well
• Mental and sensorial happiness
• Improves intellect, strength, memory
• Very much beneficial to children
• Feeling freshness
• Cures most of the breathing problems like asthma, cold, whizzing